The Association has been established to foster enduring links between Bhutan and Australia. The Association will also facilitate ongoing exchange of knowledge and continuing friendships amongst alumni.
The objectives of the Association are, inter alia, to:
- Facilitate and promote links between Australia and Bhutan at an individual, group or institutional level;
- Foster friendship and to promote social networking of Association members;
- Create an environment for sharing and exchanging ideas, knowledge and information amongst Association members;
- Cultivate and strengthen alumni leadership.
The scope of activities of the Association shall comprise any activities that contribute to the achievement of the Association’s purpose and objectives, and may include, without limitation:
- Promotional activities.
- Social activities.
- Participation in official visits and delegations.
- Mentoring and reintegration activities – for Bhutanese students studying or who wish to study in Australia and those returning to Bhutan.
- Programs that develop and promote the educational, cultural, and vocational relationship between Australia and Bhutan.
- Professional and research activities.
- Fundraising activities.
- Engaging in any and all lawful activities that may be incidental or reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes of the Association.